Domain authority helps your website rank higher than competitors in search engines. In this article we would like to share some practical tips to boost your domain Authority.
1. Diversify Content Type
Content is what your site is known for. It is all a site can have. The more varied the content, the higher it ranks in search engines. It has been proved that the sites that have a blog, in which they regularly publish topics about their niche, rank higher than those which don’t. How we present content also has great impact on popularity of your website. You rank very high in search engines if you have videos in your website. Some people learn easier watching while others might enjoy reading.
Make sure your content type is diversified. Include a variety of content type including:
2. Write Quality Content
- Write interactively, as if you are teaching a class.
- Always share something new in your content.
- Write extensively (include details, examples and links)
- Include illustrations, graphs and statistics.
- Avoid duplicate subjects.
- Check for grammar and spelling mistakes.
- Make sure your writing is coherent.
- Use an attractive design.
3. Promote your Content
Quality content naturally attracts visitors and gets shared, but imagine what happens when you promote it? Obviously, it goes viral, which in turn helps you increase your website’s domain authority.
Here are some techniques for that:
- Reach out to your niche influencers.
- Share it across several social networking sites.
- Use paid social media promotion.
- Use Google Ads.
- Share it through your followers, friends, or influencers in your niche.
4. Be Present on Social Media
We all know how important social media is for attracting links to your website. This has a direct effect on your page authority and domain authority.
Here are a couple of points to remember about promoting content through social media.
- Create your own profiles across several social media websites.
- Go beyond Facebook and Twitter. Be present on Linkedin, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Pinterest, ProductHunt, Digg, Google +, VK and many more.
- Categorize your content. Some social media allow categorization, like Digg.
- Some social platforms are excellent for attracting followers in your niche, like Twitter. Use twitter to become popular in your industry.
- Some social media are really authoritative, like Facebook and Google +. Having a page on these platforms will immediately increase your domain authority.
- Be active on your social media pages. Update regularly, interact with followers, users and friends, and encourage them to be active.
5. Work on your Brand
When users easily connect with your products and services, they will remember your website. They are easily turned into regular visitors to your website, and this in turn increases your domain authority.
Here are some techniques on how to work on your brand.
- Make your blogs substantive and full of information.
- Talk about your brand on various social media.
- Give your users quizzes regarding your niche.
- Send gifts to your most active users or followers.
- Host an industry event.
- Get featured on news outlets and magazines.
- Reply to your users’ comments and queries.
- Try to receive industry awards.
- Get involved in your community.
6. Work on influencers
Influencers carry a great deal of authority because they are popular and their websites have a bigger number of visitors. Their contents also get shared more. Building a robust relationship with influencers will help you increase your domain authority. Here are some relationship building techniques:
- Put the advice of an influencer into practice and write to them about the result of your work.
- Use influencers’ work in your content and link to their websites or blogs.
- Let them know that you really appreciate their work and find it useful.
- Suggest to contribute to their website or blog, or help them write a piece.
7. Work on your Site Structure
This might not sound very important, but your website structure and navigation can function as a hook or as a turn off for a visitor. This, in turn, has a great effect on your overall website authority if you think about improving it.
Follow these tips about site structure to increase your website domain:
- Make sure your design is mobile-friendly.
- Avoid a complex navigation and difficult-to-browse structure.
- Make sure your website loads fast.
- Create a landing page for your website.
- Map your URL structures properly.
- Organize a hierarchy of content.
8. Ramp up Internal Linking
The importance of internal linking has not been highlighted compared to getting high quality links. It is a powerful system of links that help connect your pages together and facilitates search engines to crawl your website:
Here are some techniques for you to work on internal link building:
- Link to a particular page that contains keywords mentioned in other pages.
- Link your blog pages to your Homepage, About Us and other external pages.
- Use various keywords while linking to a particular page.
- Make sure you have at least one internal link per post.
- The more internal links, the stronger your internal network.
- Make sure all of your pages are linked to each other.
9. Diversify Link Profile
You will need a strong link profile in order to increase your domain authority. Link profile shows how many links are pointing to your website. Each time a link is pointed to your website from a new website, Google counts it as a unique one. This carries a lot of link juice to your website. Here are some points to remember about link diversification.
- Provide quality content to other websites or blogs to get quality back links.
- Make sure links come from different sources to a particular page on your blog.
- Direct links from one guest post to different pages of your website.
- Do not use link-generating tools or online services as they might get you penalized by search engines.
- Provide article directories with your articles and get links from them.
- Write content that attract links from relevant resources.
- Make sure your home page gets lots of quality links.
- Try to get links from a range of websites rather than from a few.
- Target .edu and .gov or sites like Wikipedia. They have lots of authority.
10. Ensure your Technical SEO is in Place
Your overall search engine optimization helps you boost your domain authority. This includes elements like URL structure, header, title tags, heading tags, meta-descriptions and Meta keywords.
Here are some points to consider while working on on-page SEO:
- Make sure targeted keywords have highly monthly search average and low difficulty.
- Make sure targeted keywords are embedded in title tag, meta-description and heading tags.
- Make sure your title tags do not exceed 70 characters.
- Make sure your meta-descriptions do not exceed 150 characters.
- Make sure all tags for images are set, so that search engines can crawl them.
- Make sure you use schema mark up for reviews, and addresses.
Techniques mentioned above will help you improve your domain authority quickly and effectively. Applying these techniques will not only boost domain authority, it will also quickly turn your content into a visitor attracting machine. This will provide you with an opportunity to turn more leads into conversions. Try using the steps above and let us know about the results. We will be glad to feature you in our blog.